Chic Bites

Scrumptious Pictures & Candid Write-ups on the Latest & Greatest in Singapore's Food Scene! :P~


The Write Stuff


Name Lisa Tan
Age Younger than I look, unfortunately
Hobbies Dining at the newest food joints, baking with chocolate, writing, food photography, travelling, spa-ahhh


How I Review Restaurants, Bistros & Other Food Joints
1. Different expectations for different "classes" of eating places
- a fine-dining restaurant is never compared to a cafe. Even if I give
them the same rating, it's relative to others in the same category
2. Food takes priority - the taste and temperature of the food takes priority. No eeky lukewarm
food please!

3. Service, Service, Service - No matter how mediocre (not nasty) the food at an eatery is, great
service can always bring customers back. On the other hand, nice
food and lacking service is often a dicey situation.

4. The Whole Dining Experience - Many restaurateurs tend to prioritize on one aspect of what
makes a great restaurant and overlook other key aspects.
A Japanese restaurant I've been to has scrumptious food but
my boyfriend and I were perturbed by the incessant and fairly
loud lectures the boss was giving to her waitresss. For the love
of food, please consider your customers!


5. Responsible Reviews - I promise to only post reviews of restaurants that I feel have
something to be proud of (again, food takes priority). I always bring
others along to make sure the review isn't based on one person's
palate.
*All reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt - your preferences may differ from mine. :)

Labels:

0 Responses to “The Write Stuff”

Post a Comment



© 2007 Chic Bites | Email Me